Mark your calendars to visit sjicf.org August 12-15 so you can support SJIMA
Each year, the San Juan Island Community Foundation hosts an exciting matching grant program at the San Juan County Fair. This tradition gives local nonprofits heightened visibility in the community and a chance to raise funds for current projects.
When it became necessary to move to a virtual county fair in 2020 the SJICF will be launching a virtual fair matching grant program during the 4 days of the fair, August 12-15. We are honored that the online grant catalog will include the San Juan Islands Museum of Art!
The virtual grant catalog will open at sjicf.org and SJIMA’s link (see below) during the 4 days of the fair, August 12-15. SJICF will match up to the first $1,000 raised. Additional bonus grants totaling $2,500 can be earned during the virtual fair through featured games designed to engage donors. SJIMA will be posting these in social media and through email blasts to members and donors.
SJI Museum of Art’s unique link
Activities, rules and contests:
SJICF will match the first $1,000 raised for each nonprofit.
- August 12th: $500 bonus grant to nonprofit receiving the highest total $ value for online donations.
- August 13th: $500 bonus grant to nonprofit receiving the highest # of online donations.
- Must be unique donors (example – donors can’t give $5 donation 20 times; your dog cannot donate with your credit card; your kids CAN donate with your credit card – great way to involve them in local philanthropy!)
- August 14th: SJICF will post an obscure SJ Island trivia question on Facebook. Anyone can email their answer to SJICF (no Facebook comments accepted). The correct answers will be entered in a drawing. Winner picks favorite nonprofit -SJIMA, of course-to receive a $500 bonus grant!
- August 15th: All donors (online or via checks received by 8/15 at SJICF) will be entered in a final drawing at 9:01pm on 8/15. Winner gets to choose their favorite nonprofit-SJIMA, of course- to receive an additional the $1,000 bonus grant!
For checks, donor MUST specify the nonprofit in the memo line.
All fees will be covered by SJICF (100% of donations goes to SJIMA)!
Check donations can also be mailed to SJICF, PO Box 1352, Friday Harbor, WA 98250.
The donor should note SJIMA and the word “fair” on their check.
YOUR GENEROSITY AND SUPPORT MEAN THE WORLD TO US-
SJIMA needs your help to continue to bring the best of the Pacific NW and nationally and internationally acclaimed artists to the island.
What will enrich our lives when the pandemic is over?
Help us bring in the trailblazing adventurers, Beckwith & Fisher, who capture a disappearing culture of Africa before it is too late. Covering years of pioneering work, the women bring an understanding of African ceremonies and the connections of a land to its people. SJIMA continues to provide moving and relevant exhibits and arts education that celebrate cultural diversity and nourish our community.
The attached link is to San Juan County’s Virtual Fair for this year, and the SJIMA website at the Fair. You will find videos, a slide show of past exhibits and a preview of a 2021 blockbuster.