Times and dates: Eight Saturdays, January 30th – March 27th, 2021
2 sessions on each date: 1:00 – 2:45 pm and 3:15-5:00 pm
Where: Outdoors in the orchard adjacent to SJIMA, weather permitting.
Who: Children 5 or older, accompanied by at least one adult family member.
Procedures to protect the FAD participants:
- Pre-registration for the sessions is required and open to island-based families.
- Enrollment will be limited to a maximum of 8 family groups or up to 25people total per session, with no more than 5 people to a table, all from the same family group.
- Adults in each group will be asked to sign a waiver assuring their compliance with all safety measures. Masks will be provided if you arrive without one.
- Each family will be seated at a separate table with a distance of 6 feet from other tables.
- The FAD instructor(s) and any assistants will wear protective masks at all times. Children as well as adults are expected to wear masks (cloth facial coverings) at all times in the orchard and when coming and going on the SJIMA premises.
- Each family group will be provided with its own set of art supplies for use during the sessions they participate in (bags of supplies with that family’s name to be kept at the museum during the series).
- Tables and chairs will be sanitized before and after each session.
- Participants will be encouraged to do frequent sanitizing of hands, with sanitizer provided for each table (alcohol-based gel with at least 60% alcohol).
- Adults will be responsible for supervising the children they are accompanying to assure that social distancing is observed, as well as the wearing of masks.
- Should anyone use the SJIMA rest rooms they will sign in on the COVID tracing forms at the front desk or back door. All children shall be accompanied by an adult.